These holiday cookies are sure to be a hit with your friends and family.
Holiday cookies are one of the best traditions of the season. No matter what type of cookie you are baking, your friends and family are sure to enjoy a sweet treat. To help expand your holiday treats this year, try out this simple and delicious holiday cookie recipe!
Gingerbread Crisp Cutouts
You will need:
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
Then you will need to:
- Cream the shortening and sugar together in a large bowl until the mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and molasses. Combine all of the dry ingredients and add to the creamed mixture and mix well. The dough will be soft. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until it is easy to handle.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut the dough with a floured cookie cutter and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are lightly browned. Move to wire racks to cool and enjoy!
All of us at Robert J. Los Insurance Agency in Hamburg, New York would like to wish you and your family a happy holiday season!