Here are some of the things that you should understand when you are looking for auto insurance for the first time.
If you are shopping around for car insurance for the first time, you might be feeling a little bit clueless. Additionally, with all the coverage options and industry jargon out there, you might be feeling way over your head. Fortunately, the world of insurance is not that scary when you understand certain key pieces of information. Understanding these things about auto insurance will make it much easier to shop around.
Your State’s Insurance Minimums
Every state requires its drivers to carry a certain amount of auto insurance. Before you start looking around for policies, make sure you know these minimums. This way, you don’t waste your time on the policies that aren’t offering you the coverage that you need. Click HERE for New York’s auto insurance requirements.
While state insurance minimums offer a great starting point, relying on these minimums alone is extremely risky. If you were to get into a major accident, then state insurance minimums will leave you to cover a lot of the expenses out of your own pocket. To ensure that you have the comprehensive coverage that you need, experts recommend that you carry the following coverages:
- Bodily injury liability– coverage for third-party injuries.
- Property damage liability-coverage for third-party damages.
- Collision-coverage for your damages after a collision event.
- Comprehensive-coverage for your damages after a non-collision event such as vandalism, fire, storm, and so on.
- Medical payments-coverage for the injuries that you and your passengers sustain during an accident.
- Underinsured/uninsured motorist-coverage for your injuries and repairs if the other involved driver is not carrying enough coverage to compensate you.
Understanding these key points will make it a little bit easier to secure the right auto insurance to meet your needs. Do you have additional questions regarding your car coverage? If so, then contact the team at Robert J. Los Insurance Agency in Hamburg, New York. Our dedicated experts are eager to assist you with all your insurance needs today.
Robert J. Los Insurance Agency
Address: 4167 Legion Drive,
Hamburg, NY 14075
Phone: (716) 648-6100
Toll Free: (800) 747-0780
Fax: (716) 648-6104
Monday-Thursday, 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Friday, 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
We Look Forward to Serving You!