Celebrate this February with these perfect cookies.
February is National Bake for Family Fun Month, a month that encourages parents to let their kids start experimenting in the kitchen. Want to introduce your children to the art of baking? Then start them out with this classic chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Traditional Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yields: 24 cookies
- 2 ½ sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375º F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Slowly beat in vanilla extract and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir into the butter-sugar mixture. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls, placing them about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly golden.
These classic chocolate chip cookies are sure to make little bakers out of your kids. Are you looking for assistance with your insurance this February? If so, then contact the experts at Robert J. Los Insurance Agency in Hamburg, New York. Our dedicated team is eager to assist you with all your coverage needs today.