Enjoy family together by unplugging from devices
Switch off your cell phones! Spend some quality time with your family. The smartphone might be the greatest invention of the century, but it has also turned us away from our families. People waste a huge chunk of their lives glued to their mobile screens.
Why Do You Need to Unplug to Connect with Your Families?
In the middle of conversations, technology may be a distraction. Even when you are with your family, you may always feel the urge to check your smartphone. At the dinner table, you may want to scroll on your news feed, instead of focusing on your meal or your family. Technology slowly detaches you from your family even before you realize it. Hence, you need to disconnect to reconnect with your family.
How Can You Reconnect with Your Family?
Here are a few tips to help you reconnect with your family:
- Stay away from TV dinners and spend the time at the dinner table with your family discussing your day.
- Plan interactive games and activities for the entire family.
- Issue cell phone free hours in the house. Crank it up with reward levels.
- Have heart-to-heart conversations with your family.
- Engage a few extra hands in household activities or maintenance work.
- Connect with nature along with your family by planting a home garden.
- Plan prayer meets up for your family on Sundays.
- Share fitness goals and help each other achieve those goals.
- Go back to nostalgic places together. It will bring back memories, and help your family get back on track.
Looking for insurance guidance to keep you and your family safe? For all of your insurance needs, contact Robert J. Los Insurance Agency.