Try out these healthy takes on Halloween treats.
If your kids had it their way, they would eat nothing but sweets on Halloween. While there’s nothing wrong with indulging, going too far will only lead to a sugar crash, and a nasty stomach ache. This Halloween, make sure your kids eat something other than candy by serving up these fun and nutritious treats.
- 1 apple
- slivered almonds
- almond or peanut butter
- strawberry jam
- Cut off the sides of an apple and cut them in half.
- Cut out the mouth in each apple quarter.
- Put 1 tsp of jam or nut butter inside the apple to create a tongue.
- Place slivered almonds for the teeth.
- 4 large fresh bananas — not overly ripe, or the bananas may be too soft
- 1 cup nonfat Greek vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Mini semi-sweet chocolate chips — for eyes
- 16 popsicle sticks
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat mat.
- Peel 2 bananas and slice each in half, cross-wise. Slice each half in half again the “long” way, so that you have 4 long, narrow pieces total.
- Carefully insert a popsicle stick into the bottom of each, then place on the baking sheet. Place baking sheet in the freezer until banana pops are frozen, about 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt and powdered sugar. Once the bananas are frozen, dip them into the yogurt mixture, then return them to the lined baking sheet.
- Place 2 mini chocolate chips on each of the ghosts for eyes. Return to the freezer for at least 1 hour to allow the yogurt to set.
These sweet treats are a much healthier option for Halloween. Are you looking for assistance with your insurance this holiday? If so, then contact the experts at Robert J. Los Insurance Agency in Hamburg, New York. Our dedicated team is eager to assist you with all your coverage needs today.
Robert J. Los Insurance Agency
Address: 4167 Legion Drive,
Hamburg, NY 14075
Phone: (716) 648-6100
Toll Free: (800) 747-0780
Fax: (716) 648-6104
Monday-Thursday, 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Friday, 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
We Look Forward to Serving You!