Securing Insurance Coverage While You Move

Protecting your belongings as you move.

Moving places your personal possessions in grave danger. This is why many homeowners are curious about securing personal property insurance to protect their belongings as they move. Here’s what you need to know about insuring your move.

Most homeowners are aware that their homeowners insurance provides coverage for their personal belongings. However, what you may not know is that your home policy provides coverage for your possessions even while they are in transit or temporary storage. This means that your belongings are covered during the course of a move.

Please keep in mind that this coverage is subject to certain limits. For instance, if you hire a professional moving company to handle your move, then you will have less personal possession insurance. To secure the coverage that you need, you may have to purchase additional endorsements from your home insurer.

  • How to Secure Additional Coverage for Your Move

If you want to get extra coverage for your move, you can get a trip transit policy or endorsement from your home insurance provider. This form of insurance offers coverage for your belongings during a specific transit event. This policy extends full property coverage to your personal possessions, except if the damage is caused by movers. Every insurance provider has their own specifications for this type of insurance, so speak to your provider to learn the specifics of their coverage offering.

  • Don’t Count on Coverage from Your New Home Policy

If you secure a new homeowners insurance policy, you should not expect it to offer you any coverage until you officially move into your new home. To avoid this coverage gap, you should maintain your current policy until you are done with the move. Once you are settled in your new home, then you can cancel your old policy and allow the new one to take over.

This is what you need to know about securing coverage for your move. Are you looking for assistance with your home insurance? If so, then contact the experts at Robert J. Los Insurance Agency in Hamburg, New York for assistance today.

Robert J. Los Insurance Agency

Robert J. Los Insurance Agency

Address: 4167 Legion Drive,
Hamburg, NY 14075

Phone: (716) 648-6100
Toll Free: (800) 747-0780
Fax: (716) 648-6104

Office Hours:
Monday-Thursday, 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Friday, 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM

We Look Forward to Serving You!

Request a Quote

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.


Translator Plugin