Follow this guide to prepare you boat, motorcycle, RV, and other summer toys for winter storage.
When the temperature drops, it’s time to wipe the mud off your boat, motorcycle, RV, ATV or other summer toy and put them into storage. Not sure how to prepare your summer vehicle for winter storage? Then use this guide to learn how to get your summer vehicles ready for storage.
Cleaning and Maintenance
1) Clean the interior and exterior of each vehicle thoroughly.
2) Make sure you empty out any water from the engine or plumping system of your boat and RV. Residual moisture can damage your vehicle if it sits for a long time.
3) If there is any leftover fuel in any of your vehicles, make sure you add some fuel stabilizer to your gas tank. Residual fuel could corrode your engine if it’s left to sit for a long time.
4) Check the tires on all your summer toys for any holes or punctures. If you discover any, have them repaired or replace the tires completely.
5) If you notice any other damage or issues, then have them repaired. You want your vehicles to be ready to use as soon as you remove them from storage next summer.
Choosing the Right Storage Facility
1) Try to find a storage facility that has experience storing similar items.
2) Ask about the security features the storage facility offers and make sure these features are satisfactory for you.
3) Take a tour of the facility and check to make sure it offers dry and heated units.
4) Choose a facility that allows you to pay for storage by the month. This will allow you to only pay for storage when you need it.
Follow this step-by-step guide to get your summer toys ready for winter storage. Remember, another way to make sure your summer toys are protected while in storage is having year-round insurance coverage. To get the right policy for you, trust the insurance experts at Robert J. Los Insurance Agency in Hamburg, New York. Contact us for all your personal and commercial insurance needs.
Robert J. Los Insurance Agency
Address: 4167 Legion Drive,
Hamburg, NY 14075
Phone: (716) 648-6100
Toll Free: (800) 747-0780
Fax: (716) 648-6104
Monday-Thursday, 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Friday, 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
We Look Forward to Serving You!