Stay healthy during cold and flu season!
A runny nose, cough, and fever can have you feeling miserable. Combat the cold and flu this season with healthy practices. Check out these ways you can reduce your risk of feeling under the weather this season all while doing your part to help keep others from getting sick as well!
- Keep your distance from those who exhibit cold and flu symptoms. Contact or even being close to sick people increases your risk of getting sick.
- Wash your hands often. The more you wash, the better chance you have of keeping germs at bay. Be sure to use warm soapy water or hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Don’t touch your face! Your eyes, nose, and mouth are all mucus membranes that can easily pick up a virus from your hand. If you must touch your face, be sure to wash your hands thoroughly before hand.
- Always cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze. You spray droplets though the air that may have viruses in them that can infect other people. Be sure to cover your mouth and throw away and used tissues immediately.
- Keep your space clean. Make sure to regularly wipe down door knobs, telephones, keyboards, and any other places you think may have lots of contaminants.
- If you are feeling under the weather, stay home and rest. Rest will help your body recuperate while staying in helps contain your germs, preventing others from getting sick.
- Get a flu shot. It’s not too late to get your vaccination! Getting vaccinated is your best bet at fighting off the flu. Consult with your doctor to make sure it’s the right step for you.
Put your health first. Contact the professionals at Robert J. Los Insurance Agency to find you the right insurance. Located in Hamburg, New York, we serve all your personal and commercial insurance needs.