Celebrate National Soup Month with this delicious crock-pot soup recipe.
Did you know that January is National Soup Month? Perhaps this is because there’s nothing better than a steaming hot bowl of soup on a cold winter’s evening! In honor of this month, try your hand at this easy and delicious chicken noodle soup that can be prepared in your crock-pot.
Crock-Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a 6 quart crockpot add in whole chicken breasts, carrots, onion, celery, garlic, olive oil, thyme and bay leaf.
- Add in chicken broth, water, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook on low heat 6 – 7 hours.
- Remove cooked chicken breasts and cut into bite sized pieces. Place chicken back in to the crockpot. Now add in egg noodles and parsley.
- Cover and cook just until noodles are tender, 5-10 minutes.
This hearty soup is sure to warm your soul this National Soup Month! If you are looking for assistance with your insurance this month, then turn to the experts at Robert J. Los Insurance Agency in Hamburg, New York. Our professionals are ready to assist you with all your insurance needs. Contact us to get started today.