Keep this Halloween night in Hamburg, NY, harmless and enjoyable!
As parents, there is an overwhelming need to protect your child. Just because it’s Halloween night and they are hyped on sugar, does not mean you should let your guard down. Keep the festivities flowing, but keep your wits about you during the dark night, unfamiliar neighborhood, and creepy costumes while trick-or-treating!
Although some of these tips may seem obvious, during the midst of visiting houses, collecting candy, and mapping out a route, safety can easily be forgotten about.
Review these tips before heading out!
- Ensure that all props are soft and will not cause accidents or injuries
- Keep all costumes fitted so that there is no risk of tripping
- Secure reflective tape to costumes and bags so that drivers can see you
- Always supervise young children when walking around neighborhoods
- Look both ways before crossing the street
- Carry a flashlight
- Walk on sidewalks
- Wear make-up rather than masks
- Inspect candy before allowing children to eat it
If you are expecting trick-or-treaters:
- Ensure all pathways to the house are clear
- Secure any outdoor lighting or animatronic wires with tape
- Hand out health treats such as fruits, vegetables, and low-calorie treats
- Keep any jack-o’-lanterns with an open flame away from doors, walkways, and curtains
- Remind drivers to be cautious of other trick-or-treaters
Robert J. Los Insurance Agency allows you to enjoy your Halloween night without any worry of lack of insurance coverage. Contact us in the Hamburg, New York area for policies to suit you, your budget, and needs.